Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Beauty Spy: Sultry Summer Eyes

Happy Wednesday! :)

I'm trying to squeeze out every last bit of Summer I can before I fully embrace Fall (haha!), so I just thought I'd share this with you guys:

Beauty Spy: Sultry Summer Eyes


When light, shimmery shades mix with sooty, dark ones, you create a smoky eye of an entirely different sort. 
A little less serious, softer, gentler and somehow -- especially when it's steamy out -- about as sexy as makeup gets.

For this look, I'm thinking of using this eye shadow trio from Almay:


They repackaged their eye shadow trios, and this is what this particular one looks like now:

almay-intense-i-color-satin-eye-kit

I know they're not the exact colors used in the look above, but I think it'll work. ;)

What do you guys think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like What Mimi Writes on Facebook and be friends with Mimi! :)
Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

24 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful color combo!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been playing around with eyeshadows lately and have figured out that I HAVE to use more gold tones or I look like a clown. Haha. With my tan skin and blondish hair, whites and grays do NOT work for me. I stick to mauve's and golds, but sometimes I accent with green, so that color combo looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay, i'm glad you think it's fun! :) and yeah, it always helps to play around with colors to see which ones work. :)

      Delete
  3. i got a few of those Almay shawdows and i LOVE them! they are what helped me to learn how to do my makeup! LoL
    but i do love the different color sets that you can get. i have like 10 of them!


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, the newly repackaged ones really help a lot! ;)

      Delete
  4. That's a really pretty color combo! Hope you get to feeling better soon! I woke up this morning with a terrible sore throat! :( Not looking forward to being sick for a couple of days. Oh the joys of being sick! Anyway hope you're on your way to feeling better! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thank you so much, tasha! i hope you feel better soon too! :)

      Delete
  5. I think it will absolutely work. And the colors you have are very pretty.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  6. the models eye shadow is sooo pretty- it makes her eyes glow. i think the palette you chose would work too. I can never make my shadows turn out that way though, i have no gift :( haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it definitely does! :D and i have no gift too, haha! but practice makes perfect. ;)

      Delete
  7. I just shared N end of summer/early fall eye look today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHHH i actually like the trio you picked up even more the lilac and the sultry coppery bronzy gold color is sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of sultry summer eyes!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  10. great colors! i used to have a kit like this.. great for us hazel/green eyed girls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's all about the natural makeup! i love this.

    Win a $50 gift card to Cutieshey Clothing! Enter here. :)

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this Almay trio and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The trio above looks really nice :) I need to go to the drugstore one day and get everything I can get my hands on :P hahaha...darn you lucky americans ;)

    x0x0

    lifelittlesurprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete