Monday, September 24, 2012

2012 Emmy Awards: My Favorites! :)

Happy Monday!

The 2012 Emmy Awards was held yesterday... were you guys able to watch it?
I wasn't able to because I was gone for most of the day and I had a long list of things needed to be done when I got back. :/

But as always, I was very excited to see what the stars wore!
I know I usually do a full-on red carpet post for you guys, but I don't have much time to write one today... however, I just can't resist, so I am sharing my favorites with you guys today! ;)
(Next awards show: a full-on post, I promise, haha!)

Ginnifer Goodwin -

Ginnifer Goodwin

My #1! How gorgeous is she???!!!

This orange floral embroidered gown from Monique Lhuillier is pure perfection!!!
I love how Ginnifer kept everything else simple -- from her Rona Pfeiffer jewels to her Ferragamo clutch.
Plus, just look at how sexy those Christian Louboutin heels are! :)

Leslie Mann -

Leslie Mann

I love how fun and beautiful this look is!
I also think it's a perfect transition from summer to fall.

The marigold color of her Naeem Khan dress is so gorgeous, I love it!
The intricate beaded top is so pretty and her turquoise Lorraine Schwartz accessories are the perfect accompaniment to the vibrant color of the dress. :)

Emily VanCamp -

64th Primetime Emmy Awards - Arrivals

Although the color of this J. Mendel gown is not the best, I still really like it a lot!
Emily looks effortlessly beautiful -- very simple and understated.

I think her Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry add to the ethereal and somewhat whimsical vibe of her red carpet look. :)

Zooey Deschanel -

64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards - Arrivals

It's not her typical quirky style, but I think Zooey looks beautiful!
I love her custom-made Reem Acra gown and I love her hair! :)

These are the four red carpet looks that really stood out to me...

What about you? Whose look did you like the best?
Whose look did you not like at all?

I wish you all a wonderful last week of September! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too Much Soul Giveaway: Win an accessory of your choice!
Two winners! Open to U.S. residents only. Ends 9/30.

Like What Mimi Writes on Facebook and be friends with Mimi! :)
Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

38 comments:

  1. Completely agree with your picks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginnifer looks so vibrant (and I'm so excited for the new season of "Once Upon a Time" soon!) - I also loved Lucy Liu's look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, i am so so so excited for once upon a time!!! :D

      Delete
  3. Just about to pick out my faves too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, these were a few of the best last night. I really loved Heidi Klum's gown as well. I think I loved the color more than anything. She seemed very modern Grace Kelly to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i loved the color of heidi klum's dress too! :)

      Delete
  5. Love these dresses and seeing Emily makes us so excited for the upcoming season premiere of Revenge!!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your picks! i really love julie bowen though she rocked a full on neon green dress like none other!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! and i agree, julie bowen totally rocked her neon colored dress! ;)

      Delete
  7. I was really disappointed in this year's Emmys fashion. I didn't think they made very good choices.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, unfortunately, not everyone stood out. :/

      Delete
  8. I loved Zooey's dress! Julie Bowen's was my favorite though. She looked stunning in yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked the color of Zooey's dress but the tulle was a little much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, that's what other people said too. but i guess i just love tulle, haha! ;)

      Delete
  10. hello, julia! thank you so much! and yeah, that would be cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks! i think i already follow your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your picks and I would add in Sofia Vergara.

    xo Jo

    http://www.whiterosesandcoffee.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, she did look amazing too -- she always does, actually, haha. ;)

      Delete
  13. oh my god, ginnifer's is totally my favorite one too, how beautiful is it?! that embroidery is absolutely stunning, i'd feel like a dream walking around in it

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't really watch the emmys, but I love your choices - they are all so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay great picks! I was able to watch the Emmy's
    but I didn't know some of the shows that were
    nominated because I don't watch enough tv shows XD
    I love all the dresses you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D :D
      and don't worry, i don't know half of them either, haha! ;)

      Delete
  16. Emily VanCamp looked great! Actually all of them looked great!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved all of the bright and neon yellows people had on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i loved it too! it's about time they wore bright colors, haha! ;)

      Delete
  18. I adored looking at the Emmy dresses this year, they were just so stunning and chic! Love the ones you've picked out, I can't get enough of looking at beautiful gowns! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. those dresses are simply stunning!!!! love the 1 one so bad ...and those shoes..lovee... great post!!! thank u for visiting my blog :) u have fantastic blog ...let me know if u would like to follow each other xx
    http://loveeneeddesire.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ginnifer Goodwin and Leslie Mann looks absolutely stunning!!!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete