Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bye London 2012, Hello Rio 2016!

Happy Sunday!

Along with almost everyone else, I'm kinda sad that the Olympics are now over... but, hey, it's Shark Week, haha! ;)

I definitely enjoyed watching the Closing Ceremony, though...

2012 Olympic Games - Closing Ceremony

2012 Olympic Games - Closing Ceremony

2012 Olympic Games - Closing Ceremony

The aerial view of the Union Jack in the Olympic Stadium is gorgeous!

2012 Olympic Games - Closing Ceremony

Dancers perform in front of a London taxi during the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Olympic stadium

Aaaaaaahhhhh, Spice Girls!
I miss being a kid, and you can bet I'll be listening to Spice Girls on repeat this week! ;)

2012 Olympic Games - Closing Ceremony

Yay, Team USA!
104 medals = wow wow wow! :D

2012 Olympic Games - Closing Ceremony

Just random side note... I now know each member of One Direction by name. 
My sisters quizzed me nonstop, haha!

The Olympic Torch and flag are seen during the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games

So yup, Bye London 2012! 
Let the countdown to Rio 2016 begin! :)

And hey, it's Shark Week! ;)

***images from Yahoo!***

---------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Win 3 kinds of truffles from The Madelaine Chocolate Company!
It is open to U.S. residents only and it will end on August 25th at 11:59pm PST.
To enter, please click here.

Like What Mimi Writes on Facebook and be friends with Mimi! :)
Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

31 comments:

  1. I loved it too, I thought it was amazing! Wish Adele was there though, but other than that, I thought it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i wish adele was there too, but maybe she just wants to take some time off to enjoy her pregnancy. :)

      Delete
  2. i cant believe i miss this! i wanted to watch but fell asleep before it started! hope i get to watch the rerun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i hope there are reruns! or maybe you can find it online? :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos, you can't beat a bit of the spice girls! I'm surprised how sad I am that it's all over, it's gonna be weird not watching it all day scoffing chocolate! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i knooooow!!! it feels weird to not have something olympics-related to look forward to now. :/ aahhhh, i'm going through olympics withdrawal, haha! ;)

      Delete
  4. That second picture is AMAZING! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i knooooow! i wonder how they captured that moment... it's amazing! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow what a ceremony it was. Do you like to follow each other on GFC and bloglovin? Let me know will follow you right back.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't watch the closing ceremonies, but I am loving that photo of the fireworks! I can't wait for Rio though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, me too! rio is sure to bring something different! :)

      Delete
  7. I didnt see the closing ceremonies but I did hear all about the Spice Girls. Ah, the 90s :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. In America they cut out the ending concerts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! i hated how nbc did that! and what's up with showing the animal in between???

      Delete
  9. lovely post! come and check out my blog. maybe you're gonna like it ;) http://marschristie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sad the Olympics are over, too! : ( And everyone is so excited about Shark Week except me! I am terrified of anything and everything that lives in the water! I can't even watch the commercials, they freak me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, haha! i think sharks are cool only when i see them on tv, but i'm sure i'll freak out like crazy if i see one in real life! ;)

      Delete
  11. OMGGG, Spice Girls = my life is complete!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh i am so sad the olympics are over! i have to wait 4 more years to watch swimming and track :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i knooow, i miss watching swimming so much!!!

      Delete
  13. I have to admit, I was very excited about the Spice Girls reunion. They haven't really aged at all.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree, i think they actually look better now than before. ;)

      Delete
  14. I really didn't think I would enjoy the Olympics, at all. What with all the hype - I thought it was going to be a complete let down. But boy, was I wrong! I was hooked after watching the opening ceremony!
    I got to see the Olympic village being built as I passed by on a train to London! And I see that you love London, and would be so excited if you were to visit and share your experience on here! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, that must've been so awesome! :) and yes, i really dream of living in london one day! i will definitely share my future experiences here on my blog. :D

      Delete
  15. i ennjoyed watching the closing ceremony waaaay more than the opening. getting to watch one direction and the spice girls made my night. BUT the highlight of the closing ceremony? seeing a close up of an "un-impressed" nathan adrian during the models portion of the show. he's too cute! :P

    Win a $50 gift card to Cutieshey Clothing! Enter here. :)
    Want a pair of Lens Village Circle Lenses? Come and join my giveaway!


    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, haha, one direction! and yes, nathan adrian is super cute! :D

      Delete