Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Review: FRAAS -- The Scarf Company

Happy Wednesday!!!

The weather has been quite hard to dress for lately -- it's chilly in the morning, but so so so hot in the afternoons.
Plus, classrooms and other places tend to be really cold (but hey, air conditioner, I'm not complaining, haha!), so I usually don't know if I should wear a cardigan or not...

The perfect solution? Bring a scarf!
My current go-to scarf is the one I received to review from FRAAS...


A little something about FRAAS:

Scarf producer V. Fraas celebrates more than 130 years in business. Ever since its foundation in 1880 by Valentin Fraas, the world leader for mufflers and shawls has thrived and advanced under the control of his descendants -- a remarkable feat in this transitory world. It is a forward looking company that continues to expand at a rapid pace... From its bases in New York, Paris, London, Wüstenselblitz, Toronto, and Shanghai, V. Fraas' design team travel to major shows and forecasting seminars throughout the globe to identify new trends and develop products that are perfectly attuned to fashion and customer demand.

Photobucket
Yay, package!

The scarf came wrapped in tissue paper:

Photobucket
What a pretty color! ;)

I've always loved leopard-print scarves!
And I love the pink and brown color combination! 

Photobucket

Measurement: 28 x 80 inches
Price: $40
Made of: Lightweight acrylic

Photobucket

The scarf is just the right size -- it's not bulky, but it's big enough to wear over your shoulders as a wrap.
Of course, you can also use it as a normal scarf. It is lightweight -- perfect for spring and summer!

It's wrinkle-free, so it's perfect for traveling or to just have on hand -- just leave it in your bag, et voilà, you'll always be ready! ;)

Photobucket
A closer look...

I really, really love the print!
It's something that can work from day to night or from casual to something a bit more dressy. ;)

This scarf comes in three patterns/colors:

Photobucket
classic leopard/ pink/ blue

FRAAS has a wide selection of scarves to choose from (I actually already have a couple of pieces I want to get, haha!) and prices range from 25.95 EUR to 129 EUR -- there is definitely something for everyone's taste and budget.

To see other patterns and designs (and to learn more about FRAAS), visit www.fraas.com/en.

Have you bought a scarf from FRAAS before?
What do you think of this leopard-print design?

-----------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Want to win a $100 Shopbop gift card? Join my Shopbop giveaway!
It is open internationally and it will end on June 14th at 11:59pm PST.
To enter, please click here.

Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

44 comments:

  1. love it so cute !!! like always you have the best reviews

    xoxo
    curves

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful :) i like patterns too:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet scarf! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love scarves! i think they're the perfect accessory to an outfit. that's why i love the winter time. i can wear all my scarves as much as i want.

    10% off discount code to Vantage Point Vintage

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, true true! that's why i love lightweight scarves, they are perfect for spring/summer. :)

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of this brand before but the scarf do look so comfy and pretty.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, this is the first time i've heard of this brand, and i'm happy i found out about it. :)

      Delete
  6. That's an amazing scarf,the colours are very cute!! Would you like to follow each other? :)
    Let me know at
    vivesolosondosdias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous scarf! You're a lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do feel very lucky indeed. thank you! :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog. Cute scarf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool. That's great that you got this scarf. Hope you have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of FRAAS but that is a lovely scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the first time i've heard of it too, and i'm so glad i found out about it. :D

      Delete
  11. What a cute scarf! I love the pinky leopard print

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow fabulous scarves!!!! totally digging scarves these days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous scarf ~ love it!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhhh I have a scarf that's very very similar it's leopard with hints of pink and purple on it!! i love your pink version though it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. those scarfs are gorgeous!

    xo,

    wardrobe girls

    www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I am in LOVE with the print / color of this scarf - I seriously want it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. that's awesome, the scarf is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! I like all three colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been wanting a leopard-print scarf for awhile now, but for some reason I haven't bought one yet haha! It's definitely on my shopping list. I want the blue one. :D

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the blue one would be perfect for you, bree! :)

      Delete