Friday, May 25, 2012

Food Network Friday: Memorial Day

Happy Friday!!!

It's been a long time since I last made a Food Network Friday post, and today is the perfect day for one because it's a long weekend! ;)

Memorial Day weekend usually equals picnics -- whether at the park or at the beach, it's important to have delicious food! Whenever I get invited to picnic potlucks, I always like to bring dessert... but for a change, I thought it would be nice to bring salad instead, right?!

I know, I know, I don't even eat salad, but these are salads that I will definitely eat, haha! ;)

1. American Macaroni Salad

 American Macaroni Salad from Food Network
Total Time: 30 minutes
Level: Easy

This classic pasta salad is perfect for a picnic.

2. Creamy Potato Salad


Total Time: 25 minutes
Level: Easy

Add some kick to this quick potato salad by stirring in some horseradish.



Total Time: 35 minutes
Level: Easy

Summer salads don't have to come with a high price tag. 
Dave's delicious version uses seasonal ingredients that will save you money.


Avocado Salad Featured in Easy Sides Menu
Total Time: 15 minutes
Level: Easy

Creamy avocado pairs beautifully with sweet mango and crunchy jicama.


Lady Marmalade Chicken Salad by Aarti Sequeira
Total Time: 40 minutes
Level: Easy

Aarti's take on chicken salad features a Greek yogurt dressing and extra crunch from roasted cashews.

***from www.foodnetwork.com***

Any plans for the long weekend?
Which of these five recipes would you like to try the most?

I wish all of you a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Want to win a $100 Shopbop gift card? Join my Shopbop giveaway!
It is open internationally and it will end on June 14th at 11:59pm PST.
To enter, please click here.

Twitter? WhatMimiWrites :)

27 comments:

  1. These all look so yummy! *stomach grumbles* :P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg those salads are seriously making my mouth water lol :p
    it just gets better as I scroll down your post... my room is
    really hot right now, so it would be very refreshing :p

    I love picnics... in my head, but in reality I'm always afraid
    of the mosquitoes and bugs surrounding me ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, i hate bugs and mosquitoes too! and yeah, these salads definitely look refreshing! ;)

      Delete
  3. Mmm, i love a good potato salad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so delish! I think I'll give the chicken salad a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg died I wish I could have all these I'll enjoy the pictures

    xoxo
    curves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, everything looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of cold salads that include meat and lots of dressing. I prefer my cold salads to be veggies only but man...I must of not eaten the right ones!! These look amazing, I must try them sometime, thanks for sharing them with us! I'm hungry now :D

    http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAPA Hello!
    I love your posts, I like how you use your outfis,,, YOU STILL A LONG TIME,,, I WOULD LIKE MY BLOG you will visit ... and if you like follow me, so we would support each other that YOU THINK?
    I HOPE YOU!
    XOXO
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! thanks! and yeah, let's follow each other. :D

      Delete
  9. These all look delicious! My Mom is hosting a Memorial Day picnic, and I think we're going to have to make one of these salads. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! have fun this weekend! :)

      Delete
  10. The macaroni salad looks delicious! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am, thank you! i hope you're having a wonderful weekend too! :)

      Delete
  11. The "lady marmalade chicken salad" looks delicious, I want!!!!
    great post .
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. they all looks so delicious and also healthy!!!graet pst dear!!


    a kiss from the
    cocobloggers

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg, that macaroni salad looks really good!

    10% off discount code to Vantage Point Vintage

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a salad girl all the way so I'm definitely down to eat these! The creamy potato salad and avocado salad looks so good. I am in love with avocados. <3

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really great, I want to try them all. I think my fave on the list is the potato, tomato and corn salad. Great list!
    xx http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete